Saturday, February 14, 2009

What? So I think I'm a movie critic now?

I keep trying to write once a week and then I look at the last entry and realize it's been 2 weeks or 3 or 4. And I would like to post pictures, but there is nothing to post because I am not taking pictures. I think that is on account of the winter blahs. We aren't doing much, so there isn't that much to report. I did get under my stairs cleaned out, but I haven't painted Kaylinn's room. I went to tape and started marking up the walls. I was way off in my measurements. I think that I just don't have enough perfection in me to do a project like that. So I think I'd better recruit some help. I have moved onto another project, this week however, so it hasn't just been a total loss. This is project fill the walls. We have lived here for 5 years and I am just now for the first time getting the decorating bug. So I've started trying to hang thing up on my walls. I hung up some things in the dining area and I am just waiting on Mike to hang up another group of things over the fireplace. I'm actually excited about these pictures because they are photographs that I took. It's amazing how professional the pictures that I took look in a frame with matting and all. This is one of my goals for this project: to get some of the pictures that I have taken that I love off of my computer where I never see them and onto my walls where I can enjoy them.

Valentine's Day was yesterday. Mike and I played it casual, we went to dinner at Kneaders and then went to see Coraline in 3-D. I really liked Coraline. It is a kids movie from a kids book. I read the book first and it is wonderful. The book and the movie, however are both a little dark, so I don't know that it's apppropriate for little kids, maybe older kids. Anyhow, the story is really creative, and filed with lots of great characters. The animation was very well done, and I really liked the soundtrack. The night before that Mike was gone at a Scout campout (brrrr....). When he's gone, whether it's for scouts or work, the kids and I always try and really do something fun. It helps pass the time. So we got Igor (fun, but I liked Coraline better). We played games and had popcorn. Then the next morning I made heart shaped pancakes for breakfast. We cleaned the house together (okay maybe not so much fun, but at least the house is clean and it passed the time). Then I took the kids to McDonald's. Mike hates McDonald's, so we go there when he's not around. I took my book and we stayed for almost 2 hours. I just let the kids run around and we pretended it was outside and we could actually go to a playground (sigh). I'd say it was a really good weekend.

I've really been into reading lately. I do have a goodreads account, if you want more details on what exactly I have been reading. I usually pick one leisure activity and do it almost exclusively when I have free time. Reading has been it recently. I have been reading 1-2 books a week, especially fantasy. I've actually found a niche of fairy tale books. It's been a nice and cozy winter activity.

Well, I will try and take pictures this week so I have something visual to post next time. Maybe by making the commitment in writing I will have to actually do it. Hehe.

3 comments:

maryirene said...

i love how you are always doing things. whether it is reading a book for you, making heart shaped pancakes for your kids, or going on some fun date with your husband. you never fail to inspire me to try to make my life better and more fun! i love your blog! thanks for giving in!!

Anonymous said...

I'm excited for Coraline - it looks cool. Although we're not as ambitious as you, we'll probably wait until it comes out on DVD. I know, boring.

Jessica said...

Hey, we wait all the time for things to come out on dvd...netflix is cheaper and it's more comfortable (especially the winter). Not boring, at least you are still seeing movies :).