Sunday, February 01, 2009

January Blahs

I'm getting so tired of winter! I'm starting to feel that the constant chill to my bones is permanent and spring won't even be able to chase it away. I long to be out in the warm and gardening. But the ground is too hard and there still is no warm. Well enough of my pity party.

So an update to my winter project (Kaylinn's room). Now that the bulk of the moving is done things are kind of fun actually. I have gotten a comforter and curtains and thus a color pallet. I have started the painting. Well at least I have patched and primed the wall. I am going to leave the chair rail up with the bottom half of the wall still brown. On the top I am going to leave it white and just add big pink stripes (to the top only). I got sheer pink curtains and a pink and brown comforter. So yeah, that's exciting and I'm hoping to get painting this week. Tomorrow I take a deep breath and try to clean out the storage space under the stairs. I have been frightened to death of that project, it just seems like way too much work, but it will give me a place (hopefully) to put the rest of the homeless office refugees. That is a very good thing.


Logan has been playing basketball this winter. It has been pretty funny. Logan is not an athlete. He is great at video games and school. But sports? Never been a strong point. I keep him in sports to keep him well rounded and to get him exercising more. As far as sports go he is definitely better at the individual sports than the team sports. We love karate. But it's good for you to make weak things stronger right? So we keep playing the soccer and the basketball and such. This has been his first time playing basketball and the poor kid can't dribble or make a basket to save a life. He knows this too so he keeps a fair distance from the action and I think he might be praying the whole time that the ball doesn't get passed to him. In general, it's funny to watch this age group because they break all the rules: traveling, double dribbling, double teaming, fouling. Plus they probably make 10% of all the shots they throw. Well at least it's been an entertaining experience and he runs a lot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a great shot of Logan (the second one) - it looks like he's headed straight for the action. even if he does actually avoid it. just let the picture speak for itself. :)

maryirene said...

it was so fun to see him play! also, because of being there, all your points make sense. it was so funny to see all those little boys running in a big clump and most of them dodging the ball when it was thrown to them. hehe. way to go for keeping it up though. i think we will try to do the same for our boys.
can't wait to see pics of her finished room! good luck with that nook under the stairs!