Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sunshine makes me happy

Hooray, I took some pictures! Actually it wasn't as difficult as I thought, I think partly because we had a really yummy taste of spring this week. Things have been near 50 (yeah I know, I'm pathetic to be excited about 50) and so we have been outside some and I opened up the house yesterday and just tried to air out winter. It has been really nice and good for my soul.

Okay, I start with Monday. It was President's Day, so Logan was home. Back in August at Logan's birthday he had his party at Chuck E. Cheese. As a gift from them he got 100 free tickets. We came home with those tickets and ever since then he has been bugging me to go back and spend them. So I caved and we went on Monday. He says "If I can just get 100 more tickets while we are there it would be awesome," on the way over. We get there and start playing. The kids are having a great time, I'm mostly following Kaylinn around when Logan come running up, so excited with a huge fistful of tickets (in total about 300). He said he got the jackpot, but I think the machine just malfunctioned. All told we ended up with about 600 tickets. We literally could not find enough things that the kids wanted to spend the tickets on. We could not get rid of them. Logan mostly ended up with bugs and other creepy crawly things. Kaylinn went for the jewelry. After that we went and got free personal pizza (thank you Pizza Hut Book It! program) and called it good.


Friday morning, with the beautiful weather outside, I dropped Kaylinn off at my sister-in-law's, and my mom and I went for a hike. We went to Bells Canyon and hiked for about 2 hours. It was just glorious in the sun and breathing the fresh air and just generally getting out in nature. We took snowshoes with us, but for the most part they weren't really necessary. There were actually some parts of the path that was just dirt. The whole experience was good for my emotional self, I think.



Mike took me out last night to Market Street Grill. I had some yummy crab ravioli. It was very tasty and a good date night.

As for my winter projects, I got my pictures hung over the fireplace (by the way thanks for the mirror MaryIrene--I know it took me like 3 years to actually hang, but I think it looks good) and my next project this week has been the hall along the stairs going down. I have 4 panoramas that I have been working to frame for that space.

1 comment:

maryirene said...

i love your pictures! i forgot about that mirror. i'm so glad you can use it! the pictures you put up are beautiful. springtime does do something for the soul doesn't it.
we miss you guys and your kids. tell them hi!