Monday, February 21, 2011

Look! I took pictures!

I have to start off by giving my husband props for coming through on Valentine's Day, especially after my earlier Valentine's Day post.  When I got up Monday morning, there were Valentine's plastered all over the kitchen and a game I have been wanting on the counter.  The were very nontraditional Valentine's.  (for example "When the zombie plague comes I will love you enough to put you out of your brain eating misery." and "If you ever get mauled by a bear with chainsaw hands, I hope he stays away from your face…because I think you are cute."  I just stood there laughing at all of them.  It was perfect.  Then on Saturday he installed a new stereo in my car (hooray, I now have an i pod connection!) Yeah, I am happy. 


We had a great week, full of lots of fun happenings.  Since September we have had a pass to the Discovery Gateway Children's Museum.  I have tried to get us there once a week.  Sometimes that happens, sometimes not.  We did make it this week and I even went with camera in hand.  We had fun, as usual.  Kaylinn's favorite is the grocery store.  Maddie has recently discovered blocks and balls.  Anytime she can get her hands on those she is entertained.


Thursday my cousin Erin came over and helped me start painting Logan's room.  I am so excited.  We are finishing out the space theme that I have started.  I am going to paint and hang up some curtains.  I think that will really bring the room together.  I will post pictures when we finish.  I use the term we very loosely: Erin is the real artist in this partnership.  I am totally lucky to have her help me with this project.

Friday night we went to a University of Utah Women's Gymnastics Meet.  It was a lot of fun.  I was surprised to find that it is very popular.  There were 14,000 people there that night.  We don't go to sports events very often, but I think we should start.  


Saturday Logan and I went with family (pictured here are Brad and Spencer Humphrey--my brothers) to a board game convention called SaltCon.  I know, kind of nerdy, but we had a lot of fun.  They had a huge game library that you could just check games out of and play.  Then when you got done with that one you could go get another.  I think I learned how to play 6 new games that day.  My brain was pretty well fried by the time we got home (at almost midnight!). We would go again next year.

1 comment:

Jen Lee said...

I think that sounds like a lot of fun~ our family loves to play games and we could use some new ones!